Monday, October 23, 2006

Day - 27 - Aegean Sea


A day at sea and it was a beautiful day. The Captain turned west from Kusadasi and took the ship to the shores of Greece where we saw a very impressive mountain called Athos. We passed many huge monastaries along the shore - evidently there are about 80 on the peninsula. Then we headed west towards the Dardanelles and the Bosphorus on our way to Istanbul. Today we earned our keep. Between 8:00am and 6:30 pm we downloaded thousands of pictures, the majority of which were not works of art and burned well over 100 CD'S and answered endless questions.....how do I send an email, what is my logon name, what is the internet,why is this so slow, do I have to read my email and if I do not want it, do I have to pay, how do I get to my travel agent, how do I change my seat on the plane home, what time is it in Chicago, what do you mean the shops close for Ramadan, where is the closest bathroom, can you turn the heat down in the card room , who am I , where am I??? By the time we had finished I would have clicked on anything. The good part is that I now know how to do this stuff and can quite flippantly say click here and here and here...magic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there would you mind sharing which blog platform
you're working with? I'm looking to start my own blog in the
near future but I'm having a difficult time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something completely unique.
P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!
Also see my site - onoranze funebri roma